NewsBack to NewsBack to News
Rethinking Prestige Branding
Chief Strategy Officer Wolfgang Schaefer’s provocative Kogan Page bestseller Rethinking Prestige Branding has become a must-read among luxury decision-makers.
To celebrate its success, we’ve published a limited and numbered Select World Edition in commemoration of our 25th anniversary and the launch of Select World. Exclusively for clients and partners.Prestige #brand expert Wolfgang Schaefer uncovers the formula for what drives the success of iconic brands, offering a behind-the-scenes look into not just the practical marketing of brands, but how consumers respond to them psychologically and emotionally. With insights from interviews with 50 premium #brand experts and over 100 case studies from companies including Apple, Red Bull, Cirque du Soleil, and Hermès, Rethinking Prestige Branding will fascinate the marketing professional just as much as those who are simply curious about how premium brands tick. From marker to myth – a brief history of branding. A new kind of prestige – or what are the Ueber-Brands™ and their seven secrets:
- Principle 1: Mission incomparable – the first rule is to make your own.
- Principle 2: Longing versus belonging – the challenge is both.
- Principle 3: Un-selling – the superiority of seduction.
- Principle 4: From myth to meaning – the best way up is to go deep.
- Principle 5: Behold! – the product as manifestation.
- Principle 6: Living the dream – the bubble shall never burst.
- Principle 7: Growth without end – the ultimate balancing act.